Sunday, March 16, 2008

Friday Ballin'

After class on Friday, Lou Musto and I played basketball in the gym at school with a few of my friends. We played with two of your other students, Steve McCann and Luca Panarelli. First off, Lou Musto sucks. Well he doesn't suck, but he is too strong. At first, he couldn't make a layup because he would shoot the ball too hard. I guess that's a good thing in life, but not on the basketball court. So we played a 5 on 5 game at first. Me and Luca were opposing captains. My team was Me, Lou Musto, My friend Dave the Jew aka "Sherman", my friend Nick Curran, and my friend Drew. Luca's team was Luca, Semi-Pro Joe Ruopoli, Steve "Blake" McCann, this kid Joe, and some weird kid who really really really sucked. After the first three or four points most of us stopped trying. So we decided to fool around and unfortunately that made me look bad. I was on a fast break and I decided to do a Karl Malone pose while going up for a layup and Luca blocked me. Before we started playing, everyone kept telling me that they wanted to be included in my blog and I said that they have to do something memorable and luckily for Luca that was memorable. We stopped playing full court and played 4 on 4 halfcourt. My team ended up being Me, Nick, Steve McCann, and my friend Dave. We played against Luca, Drew, Semi-Pro, and Lou Musto. We easily beat them and I finally got into my groove. Our team was well-rounded. With the inside presence of Nick, the outside shooting of Steve, the jumping of Sherman, and the greatness of me, we were unbeatable. We won the first game and played a second. We were winning 15-2 and then began to fool around again. We ended up winning 21- 16 but it could've been 21-2 if we really wanted. It was fun playing and hopefully we will play more often.