Saturday, April 26, 2008

2008 NBA Playoffs

It's that time of year. 16 teams, 8 from the West and 8 from the East. All vying for one thing. The NBA Championship. Every team has the motto "Win or Go Home!" This is where stars are born. It doesn't matter what place you were in the regular season because in the play-offs the slate is clean. Until after your first play-off game your 0-0. This is where everyone has to dig in and everyone has the chance to be the hero.
The 8 teams from the West (in order from 1st seed to 8th seed) are the LA Lakers, New Orleans Hornets, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, and the Denver Nuggets (who I completely hate). As of right now, the Lakers have a 2 games to none lead, New Orleans is up 2-1, San Antonio is up 3-0, and Houston is down 2-1. The first seed plays the 8th seed, the 2nd plays the 7th, etc. Each series is a best of 7. I'm kind of upset at how things are coming. I dislike the San Antonio Spurs because they are a boring team to watch while Phoenix is very entertaining. I can't believe that the Suns are losing 3-0. This basically puts an end to their season because history shows that no team in the NBA has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to win. I'm also upset with the Houston Rockets, I know that they are only down by 1 game, but there is no way that they are going to win. Tracy McGrady, of the Rockets, hasn't made it out of the first round of playoffs in 8 years. I hope the Lakers go on to win because I would not want San Antonio to repeat.
The 8 teams from the East (in order from 1st seed to 8th seed) are the Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons, Orlando Magic, Cleveland Cavaliers, Washington Wizards (I hate them also), Toronto Raptors, Philadelphia 76ers, and the Atlanta Hawks. I'm fairly content with the way things are going in the East. Boston is leading their series, Orlando is leading theirs, the Cavaliers are winning, and shockingly enough the 76ers are winning. I'm not a big fan of the Pistons so I wouldn't mind seeing them as a number 2 seed falter and lose in the first round. The Atlanta Hawks somehow made it to the play-offs. It was their first time in 10 seasons. Aside from the top 4 teams in the East, the rest of the conference is very weak and have no chance at winning the championship. Whereas, any of the top 7 teams in the West can win it.
I hope that the Lakers and the Celtics make it to the Finals and play each other just like in the 80's. Most people say it is possible because they are both the number 1 seeds and both have very strong teams. I would also like to tell you why my font colors have changed. They are the colors of some of the teams in the play-offs. Purple and yellow are the Lakers, Green are the Celtics and Blue, White and Black are the Magic. I can't wait until June to see who is in the Finals.