Monday, June 22, 2009

A Tribue to the Man Who Made Me

I haven't used this blog in over a year now. However, I do know someone who always checks in on it and is a big fan of my posts. This man has always been one of my biggest fans and I was always his. He is the reason I am the young man I am today. I would like to dedicate this blog entry to my father, Virgilio. It's father's day and this is the least I can do for him.

My father has always been my guiding light since I can remember. Everyone says that I am his carbon copy. Sometimes I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. (JUST KIDDING DAD) Of course I take it as a compliment. My father is a handsome man both inside and out. He has always been loving, caring, strong, generous, honorable, respectable and every other great adjective. My father is loved as well as respected by almost everyone. He's the kind of guy that when he speaks everyone listens. He can control a room full of people with just his words. I hope that one day I can be just like him. My father always gave what I WANTED and not just what I needed. He did his best to make sure I was happy because I know that he was content as long as my brother and I were.

Since I was a little boy I always looked up to my dad. He was always what I wanted to be. He was an amazing husband, brother, uncle, son and most importantly an amazing father. I remember when I was little he would go away on business trips and I couldn't wait until he came home. And when he did, it was like Christmas to me. He would always bring me back a gift from wherever it was he went. Whether it was a new toy or a shirt or even chocolate, he never came home empty handed. I always used to sleep hugging his arm. We used to go to Taco Bell every Sunday. I remember he used to ask me to massage his back by walking on it (he definitely won't make me do that now though). I remember one time I even fell and got stitches on my head from massaging him. I remember thinking as a kid "I hope when I grow up I can wear a suit to work everyday." I truly see the greatness is my father and I also see it coming out my brother and I. I hope that we can be just as a great a person as he is. And sticking to the theme of the blog, basketball, he was my first coach. He taught my brothers and I how to play the game the right way. He molded us into good basketball players but more importantly great men.
There are countless memories that I have of my father. And everyone single one is a good one. My father raised my siblings and I to be great people. I hope that one day if I become a father I can be half the father he is. Because then I'll know I'm doing a good job.

Even though we don't see each other as often as we used to or as much as we would like I know that our love for each other will never blemish. He is my father, a father's love is one that cannot be compared to any other. I know that he is always there for me no matter what. I hope he knows that even though sometimes it may not seem like it, I still love him "up to no end" and that I will never forget all the things he has done for me. I just want to say I love you dad and Happy Father's Day. I hope you know that I love you the same everyday and I always will. I am thankful for everything you have done for. If not for you, I wouldn't be here. You truly are my idol dad, I hope you always know that. I know that sometimes I mess up and I'm sorry for that, but I hope you know that no matter what I'm going to always be your baby boy. Thanks again dad. I love you.

Love Always,
Beeyong

THEN:




NOW: