Friday, May 2, 2008

The Physical Aspect

One thing that angers me the most is when non-basketball players say that basketball isn't a "physical sport." Some people say, "Why don't you go play hockey or football, those are real sports." This post is for all those people that say that there is no physicality in basketball. This should shut up all the critics and cynics. I would recommend watching the second video without sound because the song is very vulgar.

Top 10 NBA Fights


Really Big Fights


I understand that some people say that these fights are a disgrace to the NBA but its just an aspect of basketball. People only fight because they take the game so seriously and they are very competitive. Nobody in the NBA just fights to fight. In the NHL (National Hockey League) people know that there will be fights so it isn't as exciting an NBA fight. NBA fights occur in the heat of a battle. In basketball physical play is always rewarded but there are boundaries. Even I get into fights when I play. I love getting in my opponents head. I love to play angry because it causes me to want to win that much more. Fights in basketball usually bring out the best in teams because it fires them up and causes them to try harder. Basketball is a physical and mental game, and fights incorporate both. Fights usually end up uniting a team because everyone looks out for their teammates. I've been involved in many fights in my basketball career and I love when it happens.